Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The young photographer - A Baby Brownie camera and vintage dress.


I had a fun time shooting photos of my granddaughter shooting photos of ordinary objects around her home with a vintage Baby Brownie camera.
I found the sweetest vintage girls dress a while back  A pale green sheer pinafore dress from the 50's or 60' that resembled something I would have worn growing up in the 60's.  Green was even my favorite color as a child.  "The Baby Brownie Special" camera was Rogers moms camera when she was a young girl.  It was introduced in 1939 at the cost of 1 whole dollar and .25 cents! I couldn't believe that there was actually an old roll of film in the camera that was only partially used so Acacia is actually taking photos here!  I can't wait to see what mystery pictures from possible 60 years ago are also recorded!!  Yep...I am officially a vintage model myself which is what made this photo shoot so special besides my adorable and inquisitive granddaughter.


In spite of that sobering fact...I still feel like I'm five whenever I'm behind the lens of my camera.  The camera has a way of  focusing ones attention on the amazing in the ordinary and important things in life.  Whenever I am having a hard time focusing.or prioritizing, I pick up my camera and after a few thoughtful shots, my "Pooh Bear" brain is usually back on track again.



 Here I experimented with some simple photo editing tools in Picasa.  The above photo I lower the saturation a tad for a softer more faded look. The photo below has a bit of glow added for an airy, ethereal feel.
 Below I have used the focal B/W tool which happens to work perfect on round objects such as this pumpkin.  I simulates the hand tinted photos of days gone by which I love.








The Black and white filter here is just right for this vintage camera and dress photo.  Adorable!
Acacia swinging on the tire-less tree swing





3 comments: